Are you getting a new puppy? Puppy school is a great way to get your puppy started on the right foot. This blog post will discuss what to expect at puppy school and how to prepare for it. This article will also provide tips on how to make the most of your experience. Read on to discover some valuable information.
1. What to Expect at Puppy School
Puppy school may sound like a place where your furry friend can socialise and make new friends, but it's actually much more than that. Your pup will learn important obeisance commands at puppy school, such as sit, stay, come when called and down. They will also learn how to walk on a leash without pulling. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, they will learn how to interact appropriately with other dogs and people. These skills are essential for ensuring that your pup grows up to be a well-behaved member of the family. So if you're thinking about enrolling your dog in puppy school, expect them to come home feeling a bit tired but a whole lot smarter.
2. How to Prepare for Puppy School
Attending a puppy training school is a fantastic way to socialise your puppy and introduce them to basic obedience commands. But before you sign up for class, there are a few things you should do to prepare:
- Make sure your dog has had all of its vaccinations. This will help protect them from potential diseases at puppy school.
- Start working on basic obedience commands at home, such as sit, stay and come. This will give your puppy a head start in class.
- Bring along some healthy treats to class to reward your pup for good behaviour.
With a little preparation, puppy school can be a fun and rewarding experience for both you and your pup.
3. Some Tips for Making the Most of Your Experience
Here are some tips to make the most of your puppy school experience:
- Be sure to enrol your puppy in a class appropriate for their age and energy level. Puppies typically have a shorter attention span compared to older dogs, so it's important to choose a class that is tailored to their needs.
- Be sure to arrive on time and well-rested. Puppies can be unpredictable, and you'll want to be able to focus on training.
- Remember to have fun.
If you would like to find out more, contact a local puppy school today.Share